Catherine Morris BA, LLB, LLM
Conflict Resolution Education and Training
We can work with you to create specialized workshops or private tutoring for you or your organization.
Conflict Analysis Workshop
This workshop may stand alone or be part of another workshop, e.g. negotiation, mediation, reconciliation or impartial fact-finding.
- the purpose of conflict analysis
- identifying parties and stakeholders
- identifying symptoms of conflict
- tools for exploring the sources and effects of a conflict
- tools for exploring the sources of potential peace
- conflict mapping
- understanding the importance of the historical and social context
- understanding how conflict escalates and how to assess levels of conflict escalation
- examining stakeholders' options and their implications
- assessing whether a conflict is negotiable
- styles and media for reporting of conflicts
Topics covered depend on the length of the training
- assessment of the needs and purposes of the particular audience
- presentations with transparencies, powerpoint or handout notes (depending on available facilities)
- case studies
- participatory practice exercizes
We have worked in Canada and internationally with:
- Government officials
- Non-profit, non-governmental organizations
- University staff, faculty and students (law students, politicial science students, education students, journalism students)
- Educators in universities, schools and private practice
- Peace and conflict resolution practitioners and educators
- Members of legislative assemblies and parliaments
- Church groups
- Community members
We work with you to arrange an individual or a team of educators to suit your needs and your budget. Email us or telephone 250-477-0129 for more information.
Back to workshops .
Back to home page .
Back to top of page