Catherine Morris BA, LLB, LLM
Conflict Resolution Education and Training
We can work with you to create specialized workshops or private tutoring for you or your organization.
Topics vary depending on the needs and goals of the particular audience.
- Assessing whether or not you should you negotiate
- Preparing for negotiation: Mapping the situation
- Choosing an effective negotiation style
- Setting realistic negotiation goals and limits
- Understanding the other negotiator's real interests
- Effective listening and questioning skills
- Making effective proposals
- Understanding and developing your own sources of power
- Spotting powerplays
- Managing emotions
- Face saving: yours and theirs
- Culture and gender issues in negotiation
- Ethical tensions in negotiation
- Negotiating with hard bargainers
Topics covered depend on the length of the negotiation training
- assessment of learners' needs
- development of course program and schedule
- presentations with transparencies or powerpoint
- case studies
- participatory practice exercizes and roleplays
- course materials for each participant
We have worked in Canada and internationally with:
- Government officials
- Non-profit, non-governmental organizations
- University staff, faculty and students
- Educators in universities, schools and private practice
- Peace and conflict resolution practitioners and educators
- Members of legislative assemblies and parliaments
- Church groups
- Community members
We work with you to arrange an individual or a team of educators to suit your needs and your budget. Email us or telephone 250-477-0129 for more information.
Back to workshops .
Back to home page .
Back to top of page